At the start of the month I took a trip to Harrogate and Hexham for a wee countryside cycle and walk.
I enjoyed the hot weather we've had in Edinburgh, getting out cycling along the Union Canal, and from the City Center to Cramond:
And up Blackford Hill for a walk:
- Range: Why Generalists Triumph in a Specialized World by David Epstein.
- An Elegant Puzzle: Systems of Engineering Management by Will Larson
- The Revolt of The Public and the Crisis of Authority in the New Millennium by Martin Gurri
- Learn like an athlete, knowledge workers should train on Marginal Revolution asked:
“What is it you do to train that is comparable to a pianist practicing scales?”
- Ex Multis Ad Unum - Restoring A Split Painting - Narrated is a relaxing dive into a craft. Lovely to watch.
- Whilst One man, eight years, nearly 20,000 cat videos, and not a single viral hit asks "Why do you do this, when no one is watching?"
- Celebrating the 50th Anniversary of the Moon landings, Apollo 11: The Complete Descent was interesting.
Hanging around at the Edinburgh Fringe, a trip to Belfast, the Coll Half Marathon, and hopefully seeing a lot of my friends.