December was a good month, mainly spent walking in New Zealand. I spent some time on the West Coast, with walking on the Paparoa Track. I then walked five days on the Old Ghost Road.
I spent Christmas in Wellington with the family; and then New Year back in Edinburgh.
In the new year I’ll be getting back to some contract development work, and starting training for the Edinburgh Marathon.
Happy 2020 to all my friends!
- SPQR: A History of Ancient Rome by Mary Beard
- Spirit to the Stone: Building the Old Ghost Road by Marion Boatwright
- Girl, Woman, Other by Bernardine Evaristo
- The Meaning of Birds by Simon Barnes
- Galileo’s Middle Finger: Heretics, Activists, and the Search for Justice in Science by Alice Domurat Dreger
- Adam Smith: What He Thought, and Why it Matters by Jesse Norman
I didn’t do a lot of online reading as I was travelling. I did like exploring this thread of twitter threads on 1 like = 1 opinion.